May 5, 2017 at 9:20 pm #510
Some Rules about the site we wish you to follow.
You must understand that as a whole, we are against censorship. But with a forum, we also want to keep the peace, and if someone becomes disruptive, we are likely to boot them. If someone posts something illegal, we are likely to delete their post and possibly ban them.
We also employ a series of spam filters, to try to prevent posting of unwanted content.
Rules will be created on an as-needed basis, but a few things to remember:
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Whether you come here to have fun, or post something personal, members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a Moderator or Admin. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
- Many of us here are shitlords, and it is welcomed, but remember there is a time and place, and a forum topic for everything. Keep that in mind when posting.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic.
- Moderators, Editors, and Admins have the right to edit any post at any time. This is used on an as-needed basis, and hopefully not something to be used, ie content that violates the rules. If a post is changed, a reason will be provided in the post. If a post is deleted, another post will explain why.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- LLofMM operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offenses in a three month period. Any warning beyond that may result in suspension or ban.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact Admins. Admins have access to everything and will be able to see what transpired. However, you shouldn’t immediately go to an Admin for problems, and will request you speak with any Moderator first to resolve your issues. Admins should only be involved if user is unable to get help in the chain of command.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
- While we cannot control what happens outside this site on the internet, if someone contacts Moderators, Editors, or Admins on other sites or social media for reasons of harassment, this may result in a suspension or ban on this site. This will be decided on an as-needed, case-by-case basis.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While LLofMM may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.